28 signs you were a school girl in the 90s

at school in the 90s

28 signs you were a school girl in the 90s

1. Your perfume of choice was either Tommy Girl or CK One
      2. You wore your Kickers into the ground…And then purchased Pods
      3. You and your mates talked about who would be which Spice Girl – which largely depended on your hair colour
      4. You fancied Paul Nichols in The Bizz
      5. You doodled the Take That symbol over all your exercise books…and cried when they announced their split
      6. You knew every single line in the film ‘Clueless’ and wanted to be Alicia Silverstone
      7. Your school had a tuck shop which sold just crisps, sweets, chocolate and fizzy drinks
      8. You felt naughty looking at the ‘position of the week’ in Bliss magazine
      9. You viewed IT class as a doss lesson – when will I need to use a computer?
      10. Your Friday night was spent watching Top Of The Pops and Saturday morning watching Live & Kicking
      11. You owned a velvet scrunchie
      12. You had to feed your Tamagotchi in between lessons
      13. You used to record the Sunday Top 40 on your cassette player – and go ballistic if your sister/brother/mum/dad walked in the room and started talking over the recording
      14. You wore blue mascara
      15. You had floppy discs in your school bag
      16. You remember the first mobile phones and how they sounded like Morse code when sending a text message
      17. You experimented with Wella wash-in, wash-out hair dye on a monthly basis
      18. Your denim jacket was your staple
      19. You cried when Gareth Southgate hit the post…And again when Beckham got sent off
      20. You used a lot of Tipp-Ex – you even had a Tipp-Ex pen and Tipp-Ex tape
      21. Your Christmas list was made up of Argos catalogue numbers
      22. You bought Smash Hits magazine for the stickers
      23. You read all of the books from the Babysitters Club and Goosebumps series. And Judy Blume was your hero
      24. You were a master of Tetris
      25. You once owned a mini disc player
      26. Ayia Napa and Faliraki were the holiday destinations of choice
      27. You collected single CDs
      28. Wagon Wheels, Iced Gems, Space Invaders, Iced Pops…

Were you a school girl in the 90s? What do you remember?

The List

1. Lara
    June 18, 2015 at 9:03 am

I love this! I can identify with so much of it. #TheList

June 18, 2015 at 11:32 am

Glad you can relate to it! I wasn’t sure if they were all just relevant to me only haha 🙂

2. Madeline @ This Glorious Life
    June 19, 2015 at 9:31 am

Haha, I love this list! I was a huge fan of the babysitters club books – my cousin lived in Canada for a while and passed on her copies of them, I thought it was so cool to have the non-british editions!

June 19, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Aw I was obsessed with them! Kirsty was my favourite I think. Pretty sure I used to pretend I was one of them. I would’ve been made up with non-british editions!

3. Jessie, FlusteredMom
    June 20, 2015 at 2:18 am

A tucks shop sounds fantastic! I wish we had that. Sounds like the 90s were slightly more fun in Europe then they were here in the states. Blue mascara is back!

June 22, 2015 at 2:37 pm

I know, I can’t quite bring myself to purchase the blue mascara – think I overdid it way too much back then! 🙂

4. Mummy Muddler
    June 22, 2015 at 3:40 am

Brilliant, you just brought back so many cool memories! #thelist x

June 22, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Glad you enjoyed it!

5. The Two Savings Sisters
    June 23, 2015 at 9:17 am

Does tippex even exist anymore?! Ha, this is brilliant. I can completely identify with this list!

#thelist

June 23, 2015 at 10:00 am

It has probably gone out of business! I can’t imagine going to school with a laptop – how boring! 🙂

6. […] in make-up or clothes (until later on), but give me a neon Stabilo and I was well chuffed. It continued into secondary school when I insisted on having a ridiculously expansive collection of brightly coloured gel pens to […]