Spring/ Summer bedroom makeover

Spring/Summer bedroom makeover design ideas

Almost 18 months after moving into our home we’ve finally put the finishing touches to our guest room. The rest of our house is quite neutral so I was determined to go for some brighter colours in this room (with the view that if I didn’t like it at least I wouldn’t have to look at it every day!)

Spring/Summer bedroom makeover

We visited Watergate Bay hotel in Cornwall last year and I loved how they used pops of colour in the hotel rooms to give a modern yet relaxed vibe, which inspired me (several Pinterest boards later) to go for this colour palette of yellow, dark grey and sky blue.

Off I trotted to B&Q to purchase the paint and (to the horror of Mr M) this boldly patterned wallpaper for our Summer bedroom makeover. When we first decorated I did think it might be too much, but now that all the white furniture’s in I think the look is just right.

The leather-effect bed frame was purchased from Argos. It has a nifty leaver at the bottom which lifts for storage which I love – so much better than having to crawl around in the dust looking for that old photo album/cd/book/other rubbish that you don’t want to throw out but isn’t worthy of being on show.

Dunhelm Mill yellow flock of birds cushion

I always go to TK Max for my bedding which has some fantastic designer sets at heavily discounted prices – this one cost just £29.99. I picked up the chunky knit throw for £44.99 from Wilkos’ luxury collection and the cushion is on sale at Dunhelm Mill for £9.99.ikea lighting for bedroom makeover

The bedside tables are from Ikea and I also got the wardrobe to match. Aside from the usual ball-ache of having the not-so-easy-as-they-make-it-look task of assembling the furniture, I was pretty impressed with the final finish of this range which is quite good quality in comparison to some of the other flat-pack furniture around today.

Spring summer bedroom design ideas

The lamp shades and stands are also from Ikea, and the multifaceted ceiling light is from B&Q priced £13.

Now all that’s missing is some decent wall art…Perhaps of a nice beach??

I might sleep in the spare room tonight.

Summer bedroom makeover

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

Home Etc

1. booandmaddie
    June 18, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Ah this looks lovely!! I really love that wallpaper and am a fellow Pinterest addict for inspiration. I’m hoping to get round to our spare room next year but the whole room needs stripping and then replastering as well as a new floor so it will be a while before it’s finished X #Brilliantblogposts

June 19, 2015 at 8:32 am

Agh I feel for you – we had to totally renovate our house when we moved in and I’m pretty much done with the dust now. It is exciting having a new project to work on, but it is so much effort stripping/replastering etc. All worth it in the end though! Perhaps just focus on the Pinterest boards for the time being 🙂

2. Caro | The Twinkles Mama
    August 20, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Aah this looks so lovely! The wallpaper is very similar to Sanderson’s Dandelion Clocks — which I absolutely love!! I’ve got a lampshade and cushions in that design — it’s so fresh and modern. Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking up with #HomeEtc — hope to see you again next week! x

Caro | http://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

August 24, 2015 at 10:47 pm

Thanks so much! The wallpaper has been great – I love how statement wallpaper can just change a room completely. x

3. mummyofboygirltwins
    August 21, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Love this colour, so fresh and bright. Perfect for a bedroom. That wallpaper is lovely! Thanks so much for linking up with #HomeEtc

Jess xx

August 24, 2015 at 10:38 pm

Glad you like it! I think I’m going to have to cosy it up for the winter but I have loved the bright colours so far. Thanks for stopping by xx

4. A bright home office for 2016 - Mum in Brum
    January 20, 2016 at 8:58 am

[…] which I think goes really well with the existing sky blue wall colour and blends well with the rest of the room – by far the most colourful in our house. The desk is also next to a window, which is […]

5. Kara
    January 20, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Looks so pretty and inviting, perfect guest room.
    Kara recently posted…Corners Of My Home // Clock WallMy Profile