35 thoughts you have as you feed your six month old baby

6. Darling, stop looking at the dog

7. Look, eat it like Mummy is

8. Wow, I’m starving I might have a bit more

9. Look, Mummy’s going to eat all of your food if you don’t want it

10. Max, go away!

11. Good girl

12. Yes, of course you can help hold the spoon – you clever girl!

13. Um, no actually I think Mummy should just do it

14. Please let go of the spoon

15. Oh no, please don’t cry!

16. Look yummmmm nice food! You try?

17. Please stop clamping your mouth shut

18. And shaking your head from side to side

19. Good girl

20. What?? Why are you blowing raspberries now????

21. Ew

22. One more mouthful and then I’ll be happy

23. Okay, maybe just one more

24. No, you can’t have the bowl

25. Wow, how are you so strong already?!

26. Never mind, only a bit on the floor

27. Perhaps I’ll wipe that hand before you rub it through your hair

28. Shit, where have the wet wipes gone?

29. Ah, too late!

30. Never mind, we’re supposed to let her get messy

31. Wait, how did we get it down the wall?

32. Darling, please give Mummy the spoon back

33. Perhaps you’d like some finger food?

34. Wow, there’s so much on the floor…

35. MAX!!!!

Super Busy Mum
You Baby Me Mummy
The Dad Network
MaternityMondays

1. Louise Bruce
    June 26, 2015 at 11:32 am

Love this!!!

June 27, 2015 at 8:48 am

Glad you enjoyed it! x

2. Helen
    July 5, 2015 at 6:48 am

I’m starting to think about when I’ll be weaning my daughter and I think this post is exactly what it’s going to be like! #bigfatlinky

Helen x

July 6, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Haha, it is fun for the most part really! Just make sure you keep the wet wipes to hand! Enjoy x

3. Debs @ Super Busy Mum
    July 7, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Ha, love this! Thanks for linking up with #MMWBH

July 7, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Thanks for stopping by 🙂

4. Emma's Mamma
    July 9, 2015 at 9:26 am

Haha love it! Emma has been on solids for over 10 months now but she still always manages to get food in her hair and on the floor! 🙂 #brilliantblogposts

5. You Baby Me Mummy
    July 9, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Ha ha this is so funny, Doesn’t change much! Thanks for linking up to #TheList x

July 9, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Haha, I know – think it mat only get worse from what I’m hearing! At least now I can sneak food in her mouth and she forgets she was having a strop – I’m sure she won’t be that easily tricked in a few more months! Thanks for hosting #TheList x

6. Fiona @adventure_seek
    August 31, 2015 at 10:39 am

It is like you are in my head. It always goes from – yes she loves this … to oh no she is spitting it at me! and we have learned to keep the dog away during mealtimes – he come back in for the cleanup!

September 1, 2015 at 10:27 am

I so need to start keeping our dog away – he really has cottoned onto the fact that if he hovers by her she will drop her hand for a lick every now and again – ew! Definitely useful for the clean up though! Saves me so much time 🙂

7. Min
    August 31, 2015 at 2:47 pm

I’m glad my baby isn’t the only one who shakes his head from side to side when eating. It’s like he’s saying “NO, NO, NO get this food away from me!” #maternitymondays

September 1, 2015 at 10:26 am

I know, what is that all about?? I just have to distract her with some finger food and sneak in the spoons when I can! 🙂

8. Claire at Tin Box Traveller
    August 31, 2015 at 6:01 pm

You must be a mind reader! I swear I had the exact same thoughts when I started to wean Tin Box Tot. I’ll probably have them all again in a few weeks when I start with Tin Box Baby! Thanks for making me giggle #materitymondays

September 1, 2015 at 10:26 am

Glad I made you giggle! Oh yes, I bet you’re looking forward to doing this all over again! Good luck x

9. Caroline (Becoming a SAHM)
    August 31, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Hahahahaha so so true!! Ah well have all been there, thanks for linking with #MaternityMondays

September 1, 2015 at 10:25 am

Exactly, wouldn’t motherhood be boring if it was that easy?

10. Becca McGowan
    August 31, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Ha ha! Love this. My little girl is now 17 months and meal times are slightly less messy, but I remember those early days well!

September 1, 2015 at 10:24 am

Yes I’m looking forward to those days – although I’m sure it comes with a whole host of other problems. I’m learning that with every milestone there’s a new challenge! 🙂

11. Loving life with little ones
    August 31, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Oh so very true! We have just begun weaning and this occurs about 3 times a day!! #maternitymondays

September 1, 2015 at 10:23 am

Glad you can relate! I love how you think you can do a ‘quick lunch’ and it turns into an hourly feeding session!

12. NewMummyBlog
    September 1, 2015 at 10:05 pm

Brilliant! And very very true 🙂
    #maternitymondays

September 2, 2015 at 9:51 am

Glad you enjoyed it 🙂

13. […] really enjoy her milk from day dot meant that I was pretty excited when the time came to wean her onto solid foods. In the beginning I was keen to make all of Taylor’s food myself. Not because I’m a […]

14. […] Taylor first started to wean I set about making every baby food recipe in Annabel Karmel’s Complete Meal Planner. Not […]

15. […] ‘new parents’ (which I never thought would end!) and even the challenges that come with weaning and introducing solid foods now seems like it never really happened. I can’t believe how much babies develop in the first […]

16. […] the early days of Taylor’s weaning journey, I was more than a tad anal about her having a super healthy diet. Annabel Karmel was my best […]