I know, I know it’s only August (really?) and we’re still waiting for our beloved British summer to arrive, let alone Autumn. But last night as I sat down to eat a Shepard’s Pie and contemplated cracking out my onesie, I realised that it’s not going to happen for us this year. So I think it’s time for us to get over it, stop talking about it, and embrace the fact that Autumn in upon us and there will be no ‘Indian Summer’ (whatever one of those is).
But cheer up – look at all that we have to look forward to…
- You no longer feel like you have to eat salad with every meal
- Or read magazine articles telling you ‘how to get a beach body’ like that bronzed model who you’re never going to look like. Ever.
- Instead you can crack out your onesie and flip the bird to shaving your legs
- You don’t have to keep checking your weather app to decide on plans – you know it’s going to be crap and you will be indoors…
- Probably in a pub eating a Sunday Roast…
- Or lying on your sofa watching Netflix and not feeling guilty if it’s sunny outside
- Or just watching TV because it just got a whole lot better.
- And when you do go out you can get all wrapped up and feel cute in your bobble hat…
- And your new winter coat that makes you feel ‘so this season’.
- The trees look really pretty…
- And ‘leaves on the track’ delay your trip to work on a weekly basis.
- You get to dress up like a dickhead for that Halloween party
- And stuff your face with greasy burgers and donuts at your local fireworks display (whilst in that cute bobble hat)
- And when it gets too cold you can warm up with a glass of mulled wine or cider
- Or a hot chocolate
- And look forward to Christmas which is only four months away! (sorry I tried to resist)
What’s your favourite season?