Who needs Summer anyway? 16 Reasons to love Autumn

reasons to love autumn

I know, I know it’s only August (really?) and we’re still waiting for our beloved British summer to arrive, let alone Autumn. But last night as I sat down to eat a Shepard’s Pie and contemplated cracking out my onesie, I realised that it’s not going to happen for us this year.Β So I think it’s time for us to get over it, stop talking about it, and embrace the fact that Autumn in upon us and there will be no ‘Indian Summer’ (whatever one of those is).

But cheer up – look at all that we have to look forward to…

reasons to love autumn
Reasons to love Autumn:

1. You no longer feel like you have to eat salad with every meal
  2. Or read magazine articles telling you ‘how to get a beach body’ like that bronzed model who you’re never going to look like. Ever.
  3. Instead you can crack out your onesie and flip the bird to shaving your legs
  4. You don’t have to keep checking your weather app to decide on plans – you know it’s going to be crap and you will be indoors…
  5. Probably in a pub eating a Sunday Roast…
  6. Or lying on your sofa watching Netflix and not feeling guilty if it’s sunny outside
  7. Or just watching TV because it just got a whole lot better.
  8. And when you do go out you can get all wrapped up and feel cute in your bobble hat…
  9. And your new winter coat that makes you feel ‘so this season’.
  10. The trees look really pretty…
  11. And ‘leaves on the track’ delay your trip to work on a weekly basis.
  12. You get to dress up like a dickhead for that Halloween party
  13. And stuff your face with greasy burgers and donuts at your local fireworks display (whilst in that cute bobble hat)
  14. And when it gets too cold you can warm up with a glass of mulled wine or cider
  15. Or a hot chocolate
  16. And look forward to Christmas which is only four months away! (sorry I tried to resist)

What’s your favourite season?

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

1. Fiona @adventure_seek
    August 26, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Im with you, I love Autumn/ Winter. A nice crisp chilly day is lovely, especially if you can come in from the cold and get cosy on the couch. Also I love layers of clothes!

August 27, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Exactly! You’re never unprepared as long as you have layers! πŸ™‚

3. Michelle Reeves (The Essex Barn)
    August 28, 2015 at 6:54 am

Oh how I LOVED this post! I’m a Winter baby so I think I have a natural affinity with the colder months and a new Winter coat always makes me feel swish! *tosses hair* Here’s to curling up by the fire with a hot chocolate and a good book – bliss! x

August 28, 2015 at 9:31 am

I am so with you! I’m a September baby and have always loved when it turns a little crisper and I can go and invest in a new winter coat! Glad it’s not just me alone who thinks that summer is overrated – at least we know what we are getting with the winter! Thanks for stopping by πŸ™‚

4. Robyn
    August 28, 2015 at 12:07 pm

I am normally so negative when it comes to the cold weather – you have just made me feel alot better about it, bring on the Autumn.

August 29, 2015 at 10:15 am

Summer is always so disappointing isn’t it?? If I lived in a country with a good summer I would probably be a little more sad to see it go x

5. Lauren (The Helpful Hiker)
    August 28, 2015 at 1:37 pm

I love Autumn too! I love autumnal food, colours and, unlike summer, the weather is never disappointing!

August 29, 2015 at 10:17 am

Exactly! At least we know what to expect. I even refused to get married in summer (as much as I would’ve loved a sunny wedding) because I’m so bad with disappointment. I like to know what I’m getting πŸ™‚

6. Natalie Streets
    August 28, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Love this!! I’ve been thinking about Christmas for weeks with this shoddy weather. I must say I like knowing Autumn is coming just because it’s my birthday at the end of Sept! haha. I won’t lie though, I am hoping for a bit of an Indian Summer, me and cold don’t mix well! #thelist

August 29, 2015 at 10:20 am

I also have my birthday in September, so at least we both have that to look forward to! I know, I do actually love the hot weather, but I’ve come to accept that we just don’t get enough of it in the good old British summer. We can hope though! Thanks for stopping by πŸ™‚

7. NewMummyBlog
    August 28, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Wow, I thought I loved Autumn because of the leaves and lovely colours. But these are ALL the reasons I love autumn, I just hadn’t realised!
    I also love, curling up on the sofa watching a good film, or with a book, with the fire on is one of my favourite things and I probably do that most in autumn or winter πŸ™‚
    #thelist

August 29, 2015 at 10:18 am

Yes you cannot beat curling up with a book in front of the fire. I would also add a glass of red wine to the picture! πŸ™‚

9. Sara @ Handy Herbs
    August 30, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Agreed. Lots of great reasons to love Autumn! Just hate getting out of bed on a cold, dark morning though! #TheList

September 1, 2015 at 10:29 am

I know, the dark is always the worst bit. It takes me so much longer to wake up!

10. Rachel
    September 1, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Ha ha I loved this post. Autumn is definitely my favourite season. I think it stems from being a redhead and the leaves matching my hair ?!@
    No. 4 is definitely true. My weather app will get much less use from now on. I will be loving No. 14 this year given I was pregnant last Autumn.

September 11, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Thanks Rachel glad you enjoyed it! I’ll be with you on No.14 – I really missed getting involved in the mulled wine last year. We will have to make up for it this year! πŸ˜‰

11. gigi
    September 3, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Yes! I am ready to welcome in Autumn! Cozy days laying on the couch watching Netflix, oh yeah! More baking and time to get ready for Thanksgiving!

September 3, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Exactly! What’s not to love??

12. Sara | mumturnedmom
    September 3, 2015 at 10:01 pm

We’ve had a fabulous summer (sorry!) and I’m not quite ready for it to end yet, but autumn is my favourite season, especially here in New England where it is beautiful. Love your list πŸ™‚ #brilliantblogposts

September 8, 2015 at 9:58 am

Ah if only our summers were as good over here – I wouldn’t be wanting it to end neither! Thanks for stopping by πŸ™‚

13. […] summer holiday is already feeling like a distant memory and you’re looking for a breakΒ this autumn, then look no further than Watergate Bay in Cornwall. Last year Mr M treated me to a […]