Autumn/winter high street fashion picks

autumn winter high street fashion

Now, I’m not purporting to be some kind of style icon here – as I write this sat is my two-year old Primark joggers and ‘Breaking Bad’ T-shirt (the same one I wore during labour) it feels ironic to be writing about my autumn/winter high street fashion picks. In fact at 7pm today, just as I’d got Taylor to bed, I looked in the mirror and saw the tag in my maxi dress peaking out AT THE FRONT. I’d only worn it back to front all bloody day. And I went out today and conversed with people. Like, actual adults. How embarrassing. So like I say, I’m definitely no authority on fashion.

But…I have decided that this season is going to mark the end of my pregnancy/post pregnancy/new mum-who-can’t-be-arsed-to wear-nice-clothes-because-I-end-up-with baby-food/sick/dribble-all-over-them wardrobe. This season I’m going to treat myself to a good old-fashioned high street shopping spree at the Bullring. That’s right, I’m actually going to leave the house, visit actual shops and use their fitting rooms so that I don’t end up with a load of clothes that don’t fit right (but stay hanging in my wardrobe unworn as I never got round to taking them back.) Mr M can babysit. Afterall, it is my birthday.

autumn winter high street fashion
So this month I’ve ditched my home mags for the fashion mags and have scoured the internet far and wide for my favourite picks of the season (did I mention it’s my birthday soon?). Autumn has always been my favourite time of year for fashion and this year is no different. With trends ranging from fur and check to 70s chic, there are some great staple pieces on the high street.

So here is my (*ahem birthday*) list of my favourites:

Oxblood leather flats – Asos, £35

Lambswool checked scarf – M&S £25

Faux fur gilet – Topshop £65

Orange pussybow blouse – Dorothy Perkins £24

V bar shoulder bag – Asos £25

Black leather trousers – Zara £199

Suede faux fur biker boots – M&S £85

Black turtle neck – Primark £6

Navy check blanket wrap – Dorothy Perkins £26

What are your top fashion picks for autumn/winter?

The Dad Network

Super Busy Mum

1. Everything Mummy
    September 13, 2015 at 6:55 pm

Great picks I love that scarf and the blanket wrap think I might live in check this autumn 😉 #bigfatlinky

2. Chloe
    September 14, 2015 at 7:05 pm

I love the biker boots and the blanket wrap! They’re so pretty. I must get looking for autumn stuff, it’s turned so cold so quickly! x

3. Caro | The Twinkles Mama
    September 16, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Aaah I LOVE the blanket wrap!! Thats the kid of thing I live in in the colder months! I’m a huge fan of layering — not such a fan of autumn and winter though. I’m a real sunshine lover 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up with us xx #TwinklyTuesday

September 17, 2015 at 2:29 pm

I know, I am a sunshine lover myself but I just get soooo annoyed by the British weather sometimes that I like to kid myself! xx

4. Alison
    September 17, 2015 at 11:02 am

Some lovely things. I genuinely can’t remember the last time I went clothes shopping for myself, and my wardrobe is looking decidedly lacklustre. I have been wandering around clothes shops more and everything is so autumnal at the moment. But It’s just virtually impossible getting to try things on when I’ve got the children in tow. I really need to see if I can arrange for a trip to the shops on my own. #TwinklyTuesday

September 17, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Hi Alison, I know what you mean – it is so hard to go shopping with little ones and I know it will only get worse as Taylor becomes a toddler! I’m determined to have a day to myself this month – hopefully you’ll find some time too 🙂

5. A Moment with Franca
    September 20, 2015 at 10:00 am

I like this. All perfect for Autumn. I love the wrapping blanket!! It is so cool. I think I will go and check it. I will put it as part of my wish list!! Not sure when will have the time to go and buy something for me but at least I know that I want that LOL Thanks for sharing, 🙂 x
    #MMWBH

September 27, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Haha, I know I still haven’t managed to actually get out and buy any of this stuff! We can dream though! x