The Davis Cup 2016: What to wear to the tennis

The Davis Cup 2016 what to wear

The Davis Cup 2016 will return to Birmingham on 4th March, giving us a fine chance to dress up for what is considered one of the most historic sporting events of all time.

From patriotic displays of national pride to a selection of fashion favourites sitting court side, it can be difficult to know how to appropriately dress for such an event. Despite wanting to dress in your tennis finest, remember that you’ll be cheering from under the shelter of the Barclaycard Arena, so probably not a great idea to come sporting your entire winter wardrobe…

The Davis Cup 2016 what to wear

So what do you wear if you’re looking to purchase some of the best seats in the house?

Wimbledon Debenture Holders specialise in knowing everything there is to know about the championships and give us their dos and don’ts to make sure you win fashion gold at the Davis Cup…

1) Ditch the heels

Yes, they may be your go‐to choice when it comes to getting dolled up but trust us… this is not the occasion for fancy footwear. The chances are you will be walking and standing most of the time, as you wait in line for your seat. You can still look your best in a pair of fabulous flats, wedges, sandals or trainers. Just make sure you are comfortable, as the last thing you want is a burning blister to distract you from the main event ‐ ouch!

2) Brighten up your look

If you love nothing more than a pop of colour to liven up your look, this is one for you. Try styling classic shades of red, white or blue with a neutral colour to give your clothing a patriotic twist and make you stand out from the crowd.

3) Gloves, scarfs and a coat are essentials

It’s worth considering just how cold you may feel when leaving the arena. A big, fluffy coat and gloves are sure to keep you protected from the chill of a bitter cold winter’s night.

4) Sport your tennis finest

What could be more fitting than a fabulous printed shirt with your favourite player on the front? Give our champions something to work towards and show them you are right behind them! This is sure to give you the competitive edge and put you ahead of the adoring fans sitting courtside.

5) Don’t forget your blazer

If you’re looking to stay at the top of your fashion game, nothing spells classic tennis‐chic like an incredible white blazer. Whether you’re looking for a seamless transeasonal transition with the finest leather look, or a more casual style, you can’t go wrong with a well cut blazer.

Are you visiting Birmingham for the Davis Cup? If you want to keep up‐to‐date with all tennis news, follow @WDH_Tennis for exciting updates and industry reports.

Disclosure: This article was provided by Wimbledon Debenture Holders, who specialise in knowing everything there is to know about the championships to ensure buyers of Wimbledon Tickets get the best possible tennis experience.

A Cornish Mum

thumbnailsize

You Baby Me Mummy

1. Emma
    February 27, 2016 at 4:11 pm

I love tennis but have never made it to an actual match, I always have to settle for watching it on TV. Some great tips for what to wear though! #justanotherlinky
    Emma recently posted…Falling down the aMazin! parenting holeMy Profile

2. Pen
    February 29, 2016 at 8:23 am

Have a great time. I am hoping to get to Wimbledon this year. My brother is a master performance coach and will definitely be going. Enjoy #KCACOLS

3. wendy
    February 29, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Have a great time, I am sure you’ll look fabulous whatever outfit you choose. I think flats sound like a must, nothing worse than painful feet! My parents are obsessed with Wimbledon and I was made to watch it every summer, unfortunately that has resulted in me hating the sport..sorry! Have fun though.

Thank you so much for linking this up to #KCACOLS. Hope to see you again next Sunday x
    wendy recently posted…3 reasons the 1 2 3 method doesn’t work for meMy Profile

4. Claire at Tin Box Traveller
    February 29, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Good tips. Gone are my days of thinking heels are suitable for sporting events. I much prefer a pair of flats 🙂 #KCACOLS
    Claire at Tin Box Traveller recently posted…Tin Box Traveller diaries February 2016My Profile

5. Nikki Frank-Hamilton
    March 1, 2016 at 3:07 am

Natalie, this sounds like it would be a ton of fun! I think watching the people would be as much fun as watching the match! If I’m lucky enough to attend I will definitely take your advice! And while I’m there I’ll stop by and see you adorable home myself!

6. Life as Mum
    March 1, 2016 at 9:36 pm

Have a fab time! Thank you for linking up to #justanotherlinky
    Life as Mum recently posted…Comparing PregnanciesMy Profile

7. Stephanie Couch
    March 3, 2016 at 9:26 pm

I have to confess to really not being a tennis fan, it actually sends me to sleep 😉 Good tips for those that are though 🙂

Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix

Stevie x
    Stephanie Couch recently posted…Nutty Putty Review and CompetitionMy Profile

8. Silly Mummy
    March 4, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Ooh I didn’t know it was in Birmingham! I used to follow tennis -it’s the only sport I like – but have lost track in the past few years (clearly!) I like your fashion tips, but I would recommend a cute & stylish babygro in order to avoid being upstaged if the Murray baby turns up! 😉 #KCACOLS
    Silly Mummy recently posted…The Pig Must Go Off (‘The Show Must Go On’ Parody)My Profile

March 9, 2016 at 11:27 am

Haha, how could I forget that one??

9. Something Crunchy Mummy
    March 4, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Great tips. Thanks for linking up to #justanotherlinky xx
    Something Crunchy Mummy recently posted…My Half Marathon To Raise Money For My Sons PreschoolMy Profile

10. John Adams
    March 6, 2016 at 6:17 am

Bahaha, as it happens, I was there yesterday with my daughter and watched the Murray Boys come home! I was wearing Nudie jeans and penny loafer shoes with a pink and white Ralph Lauren shirt and cotton/linen blend blue jacket from the Celio* Club range (should you be interested). #TheList
    John Adams recently posted…See you at the Women of the World FestivalMy Profile

March 9, 2016 at 11:21 am

Ooh sounds very swarve! You must be a regular!