#UsAfterYou featuring Reimer and Ruby

family #UsAfterYou series

Welcome to another guest post in #UsAfterYou – the series where I invite guest bloggers to share how having children changed their relationship. Thank you all for continuing to come back and read the series – it’s so nice to hear that you’re enjoying the posts and read your lovely comments each week. And thanks to all of my fab guest bloggers so far who have helped to establish the series by sharing your stories. If you’d like to be involved, do drop me a line – I love receiving new contributions!

But onto this week where we have the lovely Cheryl from Reimer and Ruby – I love this story of how they got together and I’m sure we can all relate to never getting a naked moment in peace!! Over to Cheryl…

For those who have not read my blog yet, I’ll start off with a small introduction of how my little family all started.

Me and my husband found each other in the wonderful world of the internet.  During that time, our eagerness to find someone special outweighs the risks of venturing the web.   Before we had a glimpse of each other, we already share the same purpose for doing so, that is to find somebody to settle down with and create our own family.  I think the common goal we both have in mind made our connection a bit easier.

unnamed (3)

After a numerous amount of late night chats, long distance phone calls and his frequent visits to my home country in the Philippines, he finally proposed.  As far as I can remember, our big day was the most exciting and memorable day of our lives because we knew that it was officially the start of a big step towards our goal.

When I eventually moved in with him here in the UK, that’s how our family started to form and grow.

I gave birth to two adorable kids, Reimer now 5 and Ruby now almost 3.  I have to say, having our little bundles of joy has changed our lives dramatically since day 1…unnamed (2)

We used to live in a one bedroom house until we had Reimer.  Then we noticed that our house got smaller and smaller as he got bigger and bigger.   Then I got pregnant again with Ruby.  Apparently, that then prompted the decision to finally sell the house and buy somewhere bigger.   It’s undeniable that our family is obviously getting larger.

So we are now happily settled in a three bedroom house, sufficient enough for a family of four.unnamed (1)

Most importantly, having a family made us develop into more mature and responsible individuals and as parents as well.  Every decision we make now is not anymore solely about ourselves but for the kids’ benefit too.  Everywhere we go, we always have these two kids on our tail no matter what.  We’ve also learned a lot of things through them, teaching them discipline and making them discern between good and bad as they grow.

On the other hand, we’ve also undergone a lot of ups and down moments, frustrations and challenges being parents.  Despite it all, I still think that’s the best thing we have ever done in our lives.   Raising kids is wonderfully amazing and I would never go back to life without them.  There is just so much joy and satisfaction in having kids that only a parent can relate to.unnamed

On a less serious note, having kids have made our lives so peculiar to the highest level.

• No more special dates with just the two of us, kids always make themselves present on dinner dates
  • No more privacy either, as kids always force themselves in the toilet even if one is having a naked moment
  • No more watching cinemas because it will just be a waste of money as they won’t sit still for even an hour
  • No more uninterrupted meals, kids always make sure we get up to their demands every minute
  • No more long lie-ins in the mornings even on days off work, kids don’t fail to wake us up before the clock strikes 7am at the latest.
  • No more late nights out with friends, kids have a bedtime routine to follow.
  • No more peaceful and quiet times during shopping, kids always ruin it by either crying or mucking around in shops.

Nevertheless, having kids adds more fun and excitement to our lives every single day.  Our home is never tedious and quiet, most of the time it’s crazy, messy, naughty, noisy and yet it’s filled with smiles, tickles, cuddles, snuggles and sweet kisses too.  Regardless of its chaotic state,  it made our house a home…. the only special place for our family.

You can follow Cheryl on Facebook. Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram

Mummy and Monkeys
Run Jump Scrap!

1. Rebecca U
    March 13, 2016 at 3:00 am

This series is so intersting – love hearing how people meet and get together x #KCACOLS
    Rebecca U recently posted…Moony Japanese Nappies | ReviewMy Profile

2. Emma
    March 13, 2016 at 9:30 am

I love this series and another fantastic couple! They look and sound like such a lovely family 🙂 #KCACOLS
    Emma recently posted…Davina 5 Week FitMy Profile

3. wendy
    March 13, 2016 at 10:18 am

Another lovely guest post. I can totally relate to the bathroom invaders problem and the lack of peaceful meal times after kids haha xx #kcacols
    wendy recently posted…First day of play schoolMy Profile

March 15, 2016 at 12:11 pm

The things we took for granted before kids eh? 🙂

4. Kath
    March 13, 2016 at 10:41 am

How lovely! It’s great to read stories like this. My daughter visits her dad and his family quite regularly so I am incredibly lucky to have that special one on one time still with my partner but that of course will change when we decide to have a child together! #kcacols

March 15, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Ooh one on one time must be lovely! We have the grandparents visiting tomorrow so that we can go to the cinema for the first time since Taylor was born – I’m pretty excited! x

5. Mrs Tubbs
    March 13, 2016 at 7:37 pm

So interesting to find out more about the person behind the blog :). I completely relate about missing lie-ins
    Mrs Tubbs recently posted…I Wish I’d Blogged That … March 2016My Profile

March 14, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Ah yes, what’s a lie-in again? 🙂

6. Jenni
    March 16, 2016 at 8:34 am

This is a nice post, lovely to see how people met and so very true about how children change everything x #bestandworse
    Jenni recently posted…Funky Giraffe Bibs Review And GiveawayMy Profile

7. Becster
    March 16, 2016 at 9:54 pm

I can relate to so much in this post! It’s difficult when you have little ones. We’re very lucky that we can send them to grandparents for a bit. Great post! Love this series! Will be back for more. #KCACOLS

8. A Cornish Mum
    March 17, 2016 at 7:37 am

Aw this is a lovely post 🙂 Made me smile, thanks for linking up to #Picknmix
    Stevie x

9. Sarah Howe (@RunJumpScrap)
    March 17, 2016 at 8:19 am

Lovely story and piccys to see how you both met! I love the list at the end as it is soooo true but can I swap you for the 7ams? 6-6.30 if we are lucky! You look like a great team and the little ones are so cute xx Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst x
    Sarah Howe (@RunJumpScrap) recently posted…Best and Worst Week #42My Profile

10. Mess and Merlot
    March 17, 2016 at 8:26 pm

It’s true, before having kids you take so much for granted (like going for a wee, without someone wandering in to ask for a snack) but ultimately the little blighters do make up for it in other ways 🙂 Cute family! #coolmumclub
    Mess and Merlot recently posted…Why am I blogging, really? 10 good reasons.My Profile

11. MMT
    March 17, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Greato to find out a bi more about you Cheryl and how you came to be Mummy to ”Reimer and Ruby’
    Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub Nat x
    MMT recently posted…#coolmumclub Linky week 20My Profile

12. Cheryl @ ReimerandRuby
    March 18, 2016 at 6:52 am

Thanks very much for featuring this in your beautiful blog, it’s such an honor. Thanks for all the lovely comments as well.

March 20, 2016 at 10:34 pm

No problem Cheryl, thanks for a lovely post xx

13. Maria
    March 19, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Ahhh I love this series. It’s so nice to read what relationships are like pre and post children. Nice to read how you got together with your husband Cheryl!

Thanks so much for linking up to #KCACOLS I hope to see you back again on Sunday xx
    Maria recently posted…Win a pair of Bobux Play shoesMy Profile