5 ways my one year old is advanced

5 ways my one year old is advanced

So…I’ve come to the conclusion that our one year old is advanced! Hear me out…

1. She’s too cool for toys

Despite our best efforts, it seems that our daughter just isn’t that interested in toys. After numerous trips to Toys R Us and a whole variety of toys ranging from ‘classy’ wooden trains to talking bunnies and flashing tea pots, if it’s not edible she’s not interested. I’ve succumbed to the fact that Taylor prefers an intelligent conversation. Which leads me on to…

5 reasons I think my one year old is advanced2. She chats to Siri

I know, right? Taylor soon figured out how to command Siri for a chat and now spends at least three whole minutes in conversation with her on Dad’s phone. I’m not sure what she tells her and apparently neither does Siri (“I’m sorry, I didn’t quite get that…”), but she seems to enjoy getting beef off her chest all the same. She even gets frustrated with Siri because she thinks she’s a little dim and sometimes launches her across the floor. I probably need to better channel her superior intelligence…

3. She’s a musical genius

It’s true. Not only does she have the most awesome vocal chords, but she’s an outstanding percussionist. Do you know, she pulls out the entire contents of my kitchen cupboards every evening and plays me various ‘beats’ using whatever ‘instruments’ she can find – wooden spoons, pans, spatulas…it really is quite inspired. It may sound like a bit of a racket, but hey, she is only one.

20160204_123348(0)4. She helps with household chores

Everyday she helps me hang up my washing on the clothes horse and every day she takes it all back down again. Yes, the washing is still wet when she takes it back down (it’s literally just gone up) but who am I to stifle her enthusiasm? In fact, she’s so eager to get on with the cleaning that I often find her trying to break into the cupboard underneath the sink for the marigolds and bathroom spray. Plus she unpacks all of my grocery shopping and I don’t even have to ask. Bless her.

5. Her survival instinct is extraordinary

I honestly don’t think there’s an obstacle too big or a challenge to great for that girl. She laughs in the face of heights – climbing on top of the coffee table to watch TV, trying to launch herself off our bed each morning…She can also fit into the tiniest of spaces and I often find her hiding in her wardrobe or the laundry basket from the danger that is bed time. She even goes to eat the dog food…and the only other person I can imagine brave enough to do that is Bear Grylls.

What do you reckon? Do you have an advanced one?

5 ways my one year old is advanced

Let's Talk Mommy

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

1. Kim Carberry
    March 30, 2016 at 12:12 pm

hahaha! This made me chuckle….She sounds amazing. What a lovely little girl x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Not impressed with big school – #wickedwednesdaysMy Profile

March 31, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Glad it amused you! She is a character! ☺ xx

2. Rebecca | AAUBlog
    April 2, 2016 at 11:23 pm

This is great Natalie. I laughed so much when my son discovered Siri!! #KCACOLS
    Rebecca | AAUBlog recently posted…Tropical Home Decor & Accessory InspirationMy Profile

3. Tori
    April 3, 2016 at 5:39 am

Oh yes, my son sounds very similar. He would much rather carry around a paper cup and a whisk than play with any other the flashing, colourful toys in the playroom. And loooves making his own music and climbing any he can find!
    #KCACOLS
    Tori

4. Alice Nipper and Tyke
    April 3, 2016 at 8:51 am

How sweet. She sounds like an absolute treasure. And look at that cheeky face! My two also love to ‘help’ with the washing :/ but as my son points out, someone’s got to help, and it isn’t going to be daddy. In fact, they probably do a better job of the washing than he does anyway 😉
    x Alice
    #kcacols
    Alice Nipper and Tyke recently posted…Easter at the Hanbys’My Profile

5. Mommy's Little Princesses
    April 3, 2016 at 9:52 am

Oh what a lovely and lighthearted post…I really enjoyed reading this as I just love the way you turned all these into funny positives lol. Your little girl is just so adorable. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday xx

6. Emma
    April 3, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Oh this made me laugh, especially how she chats to Siri. So cute! #KCACOLS
    Emma recently posted…Going self-hosted with my blogMy Profile

7. Kat
    April 3, 2016 at 1:45 pm

What a sweetheart! My daughter does love to have a good chat to Siri too! Have you asked it to Beatbox yet? #kcacols
    Kat recently posted…March Favourites 2016My Profile

8. Sarah
    April 3, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Oh bless her what a cutie. And I’m sure the dog food is just delicious! 😀 #KCACOLS
    Sarah recently posted…Day 2 #30daybloggingchallengeMy Profile

9. Jess Powell (Babi a Fi)
    April 3, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Haha, love this! My daughter always goes for dog food – as soon as we get through my mum’s front door she’s off, trying to get at it! x #KCACOLS
    Jess Powell (Babi a Fi) recently posted…This Week #29My Profile

10. Becky @ Educating Roversi
    April 3, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Ha ha this is a funny post! I have to say my son is a lot like your daughter (who is very cute!). The one we aren’t in agreement is the toy one as Mini R loves his toys. ☺️ #KCACOLS

11. amanda
    April 3, 2016 at 8:07 pm

My now 3 year old would spend all day chatting to siri, he loved it when it talked back! I never understood why human conversation wouldn’t do!
    #KCACOLS
    amanda recently posted…Dont Light It Up Blue, research, educate and do something!My Profile

April 6, 2016 at 1:17 pm

I know what you mean – mine chats to Siri and only has kisses for her teddy – humans apparently aren’t that interesting! x

12. Bridget (Bridie By The Sea)
    April 3, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Hehe this made me laugh! I’m not sure if she’s advanced but our little girl definitely loves launching herself off the bed at any given moment! Lovely post, she sounds like a character x #KCACOLS

April 6, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Haha – I wonder if they’ll stop doing it once we stop catching them?? I guess we will never find out… x

13. Laura @ Dot Makes 4
    April 4, 2016 at 9:25 am

What a cutie!
    This reminds me of Dot. She would rather help me tidy up and fill the washing machine than play with flashing toys. Even when they’re clean clothes, they still have to go back in the machine!
    Laura xx
    #KCACOLS
    Laura @ Dot Makes 4 recently posted…Garden: A Brand New LookMy Profile

April 4, 2016 at 9:38 am

Haha – anything to keep them occupied for 5 minutes! ☺ xx

14. Beauty Baby and Me
    April 4, 2016 at 9:29 am

Ha ha what a little cutie! I’m sure she really is helping in her own little way 🙂 xx #KCACOLS

April 4, 2016 at 9:37 am

She definitely thinks she is! Xx

15. Someone's Mum
    April 4, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Ahhh a lovely cute post. She sounds like a delightful little girl. Mine is quite similar!

April 4, 2016 at 9:59 pm

They are so cheeky and funny at this age!

16. Someone's Mum
    April 4, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Ps #KCACOLS!

17. laura dove
    April 4, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Ahh what a cutie! She is just lovely and this did make me laugh! Thanks for sharing with #KCACOLS
    laura dove recently posted…Why do I blog?My Profile

April 4, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Thanks laura – glad it made you laugh!

18. Allyson Greene
    April 5, 2016 at 2:38 am

I love it! Took me back to when my youngest was this little! I miss those days, now I get fully comprehendable attitude! #kcacols

April 5, 2016 at 10:13 am

Ha – I’m making the most of these days whilst she can’t talk back! x

19. mainy
    April 5, 2016 at 5:15 pm

aahhh what a lovely post! such a sweetie:) My boys seem to get into everything that isnt screwed down and then they’ll try and get the tools out!
    mainy – myrealfairy
    #KCACOLS
    mainy recently posted…Tales of a Newbie Blogger #1My Profile

20. Claire at Tin Box Traveller
    April 5, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Ha! Brilliant, you’ve definitely got an Einstein there 😉 But seriously, talking to Siri – she must have some patience for that! 🙂 #kcacols
    Claire at Tin Box Traveller recently posted…Tin Box Traveller Diaries: March 2016My Profile

April 6, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Ha! Patience until she throws the phone across the room! 🙂 Anything to entertain her for two minutes! x

21. Jenny
    April 5, 2016 at 8:55 pm

OH I love this way too cute and way too funny. She really is so advanced in the world of a little one. Love the photos. Thanks for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme
    Jenny recently posted…The world through a child’s eyesMy Profile

22. RACHEL
    April 6, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Love this post! she is gorgeous! I have it all to come – i’ve got an 8 week old baby girl! xx

#KCACOLS
    RACHEL recently posted…April Bucket ListMy Profile

23. The Little Tourist
    April 7, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Love this post! First, your daughter is adorable! And I couldn’t help but to laugh at her conversations with Siri. lolol!
    What can I say? You definitely have an advanced one. 🙂 Thanks for sharing at Cool Mum Club!
    The Little Tourist recently posted…Roller Skating with Three Young KidsMy Profile

24. MMT
    April 7, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Brilliant!
    I once caught Tigs asking Siri if she ‘is in the real world’. These girls provide endless entertainment with their talents don;t they?!
    Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub – Taylor has grown so much since I first ‘met’ (?) you!
    x