What a great couple of months we’ve had!
I know that I say it every time I write one of these updates, but you really are growing so fast now! Suddenly I no longer have a feisty, curious baby, but an adventurous, independent little girl.
You are not only walking, but you literally run everywhere. You’re so full of life and eager to explore this land you’ve found yourself thrust upon.. I love that you can now toddle alongside me on our daily walks with Max. When I first took you out of your buggy it took us over an hour to walk about 200 metres – you had to stop and pick up every pebble you saw and were adamant about squishing your feet (and hands) in the mud, rather than walking with me on the path. You also have a current obsession with ‘dirds’ and have to stop and listen whenever you hear a tweet until you spot the ‘dird’ in question…
But I love these days, watching you learn and delight in discovering something new every day. I see the world through your eyes, and realise what a wonderful place it is to be.
You absolutely love being outdoors and will often stand at the glass doors in the living room looking wistfully out into the garden (or, thumping on the glass!) Now that you can walk, you love just running around, throwing the ball for Max or practicing going up and down the steps from the patio. We’ve also managed a few painting sessions outside this month, which you love (for five minutes!)
Indoors, you’re always throwing yourself around and bulldozing your way into everything – I sometimes watch in fear of you hurting yourself, but to be honest, nothing seems to phase you much. If you do hurt yourself you always look to me to see if you should be upset about it – apparently not – so you just carry on!…
The other day we went to your cousin Jack’s second birthday party where you insisted on gnawing on a balloon until it POPPED right in your face. Nobody could believe that you didn’t break down in tears. You then insisted on sitting on the trampoline whilst Sam and Jack jumped up and down. You were bouncing and falling all over the place but you were having so much fun!
You really are so happy and playful. You’re still a little attention seeker and will flash your smile and wave at every stranger we pass. You have a smile that lights up your whole face and is completely infectious. Of course, I’m biased, but you’ve managed to get a smirk from even the grumpiest of people on our (far too frequent) trips to Aldi. You wave and shout ‘I-ya!’ until they have no choice but to look at you. I feel like a bit of an idiot sometimes walking around with a ‘proud mother smile’ permanently stuck on my face – but this is what you’ve done to me.
We’ve had big changes this month as you started at nursery for two days each week. You absolutely love it! The first morning you arrived you managed to throw yourself down the indoor slide head first at least five times in the five minutes that I was there. I knew then that you’d be okay and left you to it. When I came to pick you up later that day, you were having so much fun waving and blowing kisses to all of the staff that when you realised it was time to leave you threw a tantrum. So I’m pretty assured that you like your new ‘days out’.
At home your toys still get neglected and your favourite ‘game’ at the moment is emptying my kitchen cupboards into your Mega Bloks trolley and then putting them back again. Either that, or emptying all of your washing out of your wash basket onto your rocking chair (has to be neatly placed) and then putting it all back again!
You also like to bring me items – like yesterday, you brought me cotton pads three at a time, until you’d gotten through the whole pack. You look so proud of yourself when on your little ‘missions’ and I think you genuinely think you’re helping me in some way. It’s so cute.
I never thought I’d say this when I was writing this post last week, but I feel you may be finally heading into a ‘mummy phase’. In fact, I’m pretty sure you may have read the post in question, as ever since I published it you’ve been super loving towards me (*little celebration dance*). You’ve been feeling under the weather (so I shouldn’t be happy about it, but I am!) and you seem to be a lot more clingy this week and have even PIED DAD FOR MUM. Hallelujah!
This morning when I dropped you off at nursery you put your head in my lap and lay there for a few minutes clinging onto me. The teachers probably thought I was pandering to you a little, but I had to explain that we very rarely get moments like this with you! So thank you.
- You’re trying to talk all of the time now and if you’re not talking you hum little sounds to yourself. Your vocabulary at the moment includes ‘more’ ‘dirty’, ‘dirdy’ (bird) ‘botbot’ (bottle), ‘ot’ (hot) i-ya’ (hiya) as well as mamma and dadda.
- You’re really quite affectionate with Max now and will constantly try and cuddle and kiss him.
- You’re obsessed with other children and you’re getting good at being gentle with them – but you still like to hold their hands and bear hug them!
- You love attention from everyone but you’re starting to definitely have your favourites – you love your grandparents!
How you look
- Your hair is really growing now and on most days you’ll let me put a clip in the front
- You’re still petite for your age, still mostly wearing 9-12 month clothes
- You have a full set of teeth apart from your molars. You’re getting pretty good at letting me clean them, opening your mouth and ‘ahhh’ing as I do it
- You’re still super cheeky but you are listening (a little) more now. You definitely take note of when I say no and have even started to obey me – when you feel like it of course!
- You’re happy all of the time and love being active
- You don’t often throw tantrums now (I think you’re less frustrated since you started to walk) BUT they are pretty mighty when you do. You really hate being unhappy and not getting your own way
- You seem to have gone off your food a little recently. I’m not sure if it’s because you’ve had a cold for the past six weeks, or because you’re just getting a little fussy.
- You’ll only eat your Wheatabix when crunchy and your bananas if they’re still in the skin (like the grown ups)
- You still detest tomatoes and won’t eat porridge anymore.
- You love dippy eggs and soldiers, as well as fish pie
- You’ve started to wake up a little early for my liking – usually before 6. I’m putting it down to you not being so well at the moment and you come into our bed. But I may have to stop this soon!
- You still go down every night at 7pm.
- You’ve dropped to one nap a day but still prefer it to be in the morning – you’re well ready to go down by 9.30am and usually sleep past 11am.
Love you munch xx