When Muddy Puddles got in touch and offered to send Taylor one of their Pac-a-Mac jackets for us to review, the timing couldn’t have been better. Since Taylor started to walk, it’s been lovely to get her out of the buggy on our daily dog walks with Max. She loves being able to roam freely and explore her surroundings – and she’s into absolutely everything!
I’ve been needing to get her a waterproof, easy to wipe-clean coat for a while as her usual casual coat was getting filthy. Plus with this typically unpredictable British weather, it’s hard to know whether it’s going to rain on any given day. I’ve been caught out a few times which has resulted in me having to force Taylor (kicking and screaming) into her buggy under the shelter of the rain cover. So the Muddy Puddles Pac-a-Mac offered a far better alternative!
Muddy Puddles is a British brand which aims to equip young outdoor adventurers with high-performance and stylish outerwear – whatever the weather. The Pac-a-Mac is fully waterproof, breathable and lightweight. It costs £20 and there are nine funky, unisex designs to choose from. I opted for the Aqua raindrops design for Taylor as I love how bright it is and think the pattern is adorable.
I was a little concerned about the sizing initially as the Pac-a-Mac starts in size 18-24 months, and Taylor’s a little bit on the small side for her 16 months. I had to roll up the sleeves, but the elastic wrists made this easy. Aside from that, it’s perfect for her and at least there’s plenty of room for growth.
One of the coolest things about the Muddy Puddles Pac-a-Mac is that you can fold it away into its own pocket, which makes it perfect for days out. I love the idea of always having a jacket to hand – just in case. Let’s face it, we’ve all overestimated the weather and forgotten the coat at least once right? (Please tell me that’s not just me!)
We were keen to get outdoors and put our new Pac-a-Mac to the test, so with the changeable weather last week we ventured to our local country park. We go here at least every couple of days as there’s lots of open green space and a large lake to walk around, so it’s great for letting our dog, Max, off the lead so that he can burn off some energy! And Taylor too of course!
It was a perfect day for the Pack-a-Mac as it was quite windy and we had a few showers, yet it was very mild. The Pac-a-Mac is very lightweight so it’s ideal for active toddlers in this warmer weather. I like how it can be worn alone, or layered over a warmer fleece or jumper for colder days. It also has a large hood, which really does stay up, and the zip fastens all the way to the chin – meaning that the wind and rain is well and truly kept out.
Another one of my favourite features of the Muddy Puddles Pac-a-Mac is that it dips lower at the back. This soon proved to be super practical when Taylor started to sit down in the mud! Luckily, the Pac-a-Mac was true to its claims and completely wiped clean with the aid of a few wet wipes.
Product rating: Muddy Puddles Pac-A-Mac
Muddy Puddles asked me to rate the Pac-a-Mac out of 5 against the following criteria:
- Fit: 5 – obviously it’s a little too big for Taylor currently as she’s not yet wearing 12-18 month clothes, but the elasticated arms and comfy fit means that this jacket will most definitely fit most toddlers within this six month age range.
- Quality: 5 – Although the material is thin, it seems very durable and the zips, seams and fastenings are all of a good quality
- Durability: 5 – for all of the reasons above
- Comfort: 5 – The lightweight,breathable material makes it super comfortable and ideal for warmer weather or for pairing with a fleece on colder days
- Price: 5 – I think at £20 we will most definitely get our money’s worth out of this!
- Practicality: 5 – the hood, elasticated arms and high fastening zips make this a highly practical jacket perfect for protection again rain and wind. The wipe-clean material also makes it super easy to keep clean.
Overall I would most definitely recommend the Muddy Puddles Pac-a-Mac as a truly practical and stylish waterproof jacket. I think it’s well worth its modest price tag of £20 and I can honestly see us getting so much wear out of it for many months to come!
Disclosure: The Muddy Puddles Pac-a-Mac was sent to us in return for an honest review