Sexy swimwear for modest (not mumsy) mums

Sexy swimwear picks for mums

When I was six months pregnant with Taylor, we went on holiday for a week to Watergate Bay in Cornwall. For the first time in my adult life I wore a swimming costume and to be honest, it was a bit of a revelation! I’d never really thought about buying a costume before, but I realised that they can actually be really flattering. I much prefer them now to feeling self-consious about my post-baby tummy in a two-piece teeny weeny bikini.

Sexy swimwear picks for mums

Image source

Swimming costumes have come a long way since the conservative Speedo cosie I wore for school swimming lessons and there really is nothing ‘mumsy’ about them (not that there’s anything wrong with looking mumsy – if you like that look…). From peek-a-boo panels to sexy straps and flattering lines, there’s a huge range available to buy in the shops and online at the moment. And with the sale season fully underway, there’s never been  a better time to grab yourself a bargain.

I was recently contacted by Love the Sales – a site featuring all of the best sales from our favourite brands. They basically collate all of the sales from 500 of the UK’s biggest retailers and put them all in one place. I can’t quite believe that I’ve never come across the site before, but what a brilliant idea! With brands including Ralph Lauren, Ted Baker, Reiss, Joules and House of Fraser, there really is something for everyone, and it’s definitely one for you to check out if you’re still looking to add to your summer wardrobe.sexy swimwear for modest mums

There’s a rumour going around in our house at the moment (I may have started it) that we’re going abroad next January. Our summer staycations on the boat have been fun so far, but I admit that I’m yearning for a bit of guaranteed sunshine. The rumour appears to have stuck, so I need to stock up on some holiday essentials as I doubt I’ll find any decent summer clothes in the January sales! Plus my wardrobe is looking pretty uninspiring right now…

First item on the list? A (somewhat sexy) swimming costume!

Here are some of my favourite beach picks currently available to buy online…

Sexy swimwear picks for modest (but not mumsy) mums

Ted Baker Shadow Floral Swimsuit – £41.40 (reduced from £69), Ted Baker sale

Contrast Binding Strappy Swimsuit by Rare – £38, Topshop

Ted Baker Talvisa Cover Up- £34.50 (reduced from £69), Ted Baker Sale

Dickens and Jones Tribal Print Swimsuit £28 (reduced from £40), House of Fraser sale

Denim Tummy Control Swimsuit – £22.95 (reduced from £29.95) Joules sale

Dickens and Jones Floral Kaftan – £28 (reduced from £40), House of Fraser sale

Gathered deep plunge swimsuit – £20, ASOS

What do you think? Do you dare to bare on the beach or do you prefer to cover up? Have you had your summer holiday yet?

Disclosure: Post written in collaboration with Love the Sales

1. Mummuddlingthrough
    July 16, 2016 at 6:37 am

It’s amazing how much more relaxed I feel in a one piece… I still brave a bikini if abroad but in the uk it’s all about holding in the Mum Tum! There are some amazing body shaper ones out there…
    Mummuddlingthrough recently posted…#coolmumclub: Meet the members…Sarah and LouiseMy Profile

2. The Speed Bump
    July 17, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Great post! I love a good tankini personally but I’ve recently bought a onepiece with the ruched bit over the tummy and it is a revelation and makes me feel fab! Love seeing these gorgeous swimsuit suggestions. #KCACOLS

July 20, 2016 at 11:15 am

Thanks so much – I have a ruched one too which I love!

3. Fran Back With A Bump
    July 17, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Ooh I like the black cossie, simple but sexy. Imagine the tan lines in the turquoise one!! #kcacols
    Fran Back With A Bump recently posted…A Trip To Salcey ForestMy Profile

July 20, 2016 at 11:13 am

I know! At least it will look good on – just don’t take it off! 🙂

4. Erin
    July 19, 2016 at 10:33 am

Really nice picks, all are sexy. I love summer because going to beach with sexy outfit and having fun in water. I can image you wearing first time in adulthood bit uncomfortable but in little time you going to love and your wardrobe full of them like mine lol, Thanks for sharing

5. Geraldine
    July 19, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Got to admit I’m not one for swimsuits. I don’t have the confidence so a wetsuit would do me hah ! I like to be covered up :p but these look great and really comfortable. #KCACOLS

July 20, 2016 at 10:53 am

Haha I do love an excuse to get a wet suit on! X

6. the frenchie mummy
    July 20, 2016 at 10:33 am

The second one turquoise is gorgeous! I am a bit self-conscious as well about my mummy tummy… #KCACOLS
    the frenchie mummy recently posted…The Daddy Tag Challenge #TheDaddyTagMy Profile

July 20, 2016 at 10:52 am

I love it but not sure I’d love the strap marks! Hehe

7. The Unsung Mum
    July 20, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Wish I was that brave! Some of these look lovely but I’m pretty sure I’d look like a sack of spuds. I currently have to take The Baby swimming and I dash in a squill as possible, stupidly thinking people are staring at my old and crap fitting suit. Doh! #KCACOLS
    The Unsung Mum recently posted…The Unsung Mum and the Barbeque DebacleMy Profile

8. Alison (MadHouseMum)
    July 20, 2016 at 7:49 pm

I love the black one with the ruffles. I’d love a personal shopper to help me choose a swimsuit that suits me – I never know where to start. Thank you for sharing 🙂 Alison x KCACOLS
    Alison (MadHouseMum) recently posted…Respond.Straightawayor.Very.Pissedoff.My Profile

9. Kat
    July 22, 2016 at 9:47 am

You’ve picked some really lovely pieces here I think 🙂 When my figure is a little less on the heavy side I think I’ll be looking more into flattering and attractive swimwear! Thanks so much for sharing at #KCACOLS hope to see you again next time.

10. Madeline (This Glorious Life)
    July 22, 2016 at 3:29 pm

For the toddler splash sessions at our local pool I go for a swimming costume, I feel much more comfortable in it. But when we went abroad when my son was little I wore a bikini, despite my less than toned tummy and stretchmarks and felt pretty confident. I think location has an effect on how you feel and what you want to wear! x #KCACOLS
    Madeline (This Glorious Life) recently posted…Living arrows 28/52 and 29/52My Profile

July 23, 2016 at 10:46 am

That’s so true – I think we are all more care free on holiday, but at our local pool I feel like I need to cover up! X

11. Mummy and monkeys
    July 24, 2016 at 8:12 am

Oh wow I’d not heard of the site either, so I’m off to have a look. I need a new swimsuit. It definitely helps you feel more comfortable especially bending over and chasing after the toddler all the time x
    Mummy and monkeys recently posted…My Silent Sunday PhotoMy Profile