On being a stationary geek and my repeated trips to HomeSense

Stationary from HomeSense

I’ve always been a bit of a stationary geek. It started way back when I was in primary school and would spend all of my pocket money in Partners. For those of you who don’t remember, it was a stationary shop. I wasn’t interested in make-up or clothes (until later on), but give me a neon Stabilo and I was well chuffed. It continued into secondary school when I insisted on having a ridiculously expansive collection of brightly coloured gel pens to underline all of my titles…

Stationary from HomeSense

Now I’m an adult (really?) this obsession of mine seems to have manifested itself in a love of notebooks. Who am I kidding, I’ve always been a notebook fan, but it seems to be getting out of hand these days and my home office is literally overflowing with them. Notebooks of different sizes and colours – but I seem to have a penchant for leather covers, bold typography and inspirational quotes. Ah yes, the quotes.

I blame HomeSense entirely.

Have you seen their stationary collection? Seriously, it’s AMAZING! If you follow my interiors posts you’ll know that I’m a big fan of HomeSense anyway, but now I can’t even pop in for a candle without grabbing yet another notebook. One of my favourite (most dangerous) things about this shop is that they constantly have new stock, so whenever I go in I’ll always find something new. Their ‘grab it before it’s gone’ stickers really do get me. Every. Time.

notebooks from HomeSenseNotebooks from HomeSense

But there are unhealthier addictions and I’m quite okay with this one. I’ve always loved putting pen to paper – I find it cathartic and it helps me to put my thoughts in order. I no longer keep a diary like in my teenage years (who has time for that?) but I’ve substituted those ramblings with to-do lists, random ideas, bucket lists and bullet journals. I even write out some of my blog posts before I type them up (yes, seriously). I just find that the words come to me so much quicker on paper than on the screen.

So you really never can have too many. Right?

notebooks

This post is in no way sponsored – I just really do love the notebooks from HomeSense!

A Cornish Mum

1. blabbermama
    July 22, 2016 at 8:26 am

I love a bit of stationary although sadly I haven’t kept up with the purchases! I used to keep a work diary and it kept me so organised! I’m starting to think I need one for blogging and this gives me the perfect excuse to make a sneaky purchase! #picknmix
    blabbermama recently posted…The Daily Blab: Hiring a Nanny? The pros and consMy Profile

2. Rachel Bustin
    July 22, 2016 at 9:27 am

I am a huge stationery geek as well! My thing is pens, oh ok and notebooks and pencils as well! Living down in Cornwall I have never heard of Homesense – going to have to check it out! xx
    #picknmix
    Rachel Bustin recently posted…Travelling up the motorway with a babyMy Profile

3. Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk)
    July 22, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Aww I love stationery too and I might have a lot of notebook here that is empty but I am putting beside my bed. I look at them when I am down and a lot of times they lift my spirit up! #picknmix
    Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) recently posted…Beach is the gift that keeps on giving!My Profile

4. Mess and Merlot
    July 22, 2016 at 12:43 pm

I kerb seeing people mention Homesense- I need to find one!!! Gorgeous stationary, I’m subscribed to Paperchase mailing list so I get regular emails to torture myself lusting after pretty things I neither need nor can afford. 😄 #picknmix
    Mess and Merlot recently posted…Mr GreyMy Profile

1. Mess and Merlot
      July 22, 2016 at 12:45 pm

*keep* not kerb 🙈
      Mess and Merlot recently posted…Mr GreyMy Profile

5. Laura @dearbearandbeany
    July 22, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Oh my goodness me too! I absolutely love stationary and can’t resist notebooks. I blame home sense too, they always amazing notebooks and I just need them all, honest!! x #picknmix
    Laura @dearbearandbeany recently posted…Rice Pudding An Old Favourite…With A Twist!My Profile

6. Helena
    July 23, 2016 at 9:41 pm

I don’t know where our nearest Homesense store is but I do like to pick up stationary pieces whenever I see something I like.#PicknMix
    Helena recently posted…Happy Days Linky: One Emotional Roller-CoasterMy Profile

7. Jo from Organised Jo
    July 24, 2016 at 5:19 am

Oh I love a new notebook and pens, cute clips and pencil cases too! Slightly addicted to stationary!! It reminds me of new school books & I really hated writing in the to start with because I didn’t want to spoil them! #PicknMix

8. Maria
    July 24, 2016 at 10:56 am

Oh my goodness – these notebooks are gorgeous! I wish we had a Homesense near us as I would be doing exactly the same as you! #PicknMix
    Maria recently posted…An afternoon at Mayfield LavenderMy Profile

9. A Cornish Mum
    July 26, 2016 at 9:09 pm

I love stationery and have a slight (huge) addiction 😉 We don;t have Homesense down here in Cornwall sadly and I’ve never been to one, but now wishing I had, beautiful choices! Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix lovely

Stevie x

P.S Congrats on winning at Britmums, I kept meaning to tweet you to say 😉
    A Cornish Mum recently posted…Why I Love My BossMy Profile

10. Mummy and monkeys
    July 27, 2016 at 1:51 pm

I’m a stationery geek too! I love notebooks, pens anything really. I used to have all the gel pens too. Also love Homesense it’s a fab shop. Thanks for linking to #picknmix
    Mummy and monkeys recently posted…Why do I pretend to be a Perfect Housewife?My Profile

11. From Day Dot
    August 7, 2016 at 8:12 am

My first thought when I saw your tweet about this post was ‘Homesense’! It really is the best! I also had an obsession as a kid, with stationery and wrapping paper oddly! X

1. Natalie Mudd
      August 8, 2016 at 10:19 am

I bloody love homesense! Just love how you never know what you’re going to find! X

12. TheIrishBabyFairy
    August 7, 2016 at 9:04 am

I love notebooks too and gave been on the lookout for one for the last week to make blog notes in. I was so excited when I saw your tweet about this post but I live in ireland and we don’t have Homesense. Must see if they sell online. Especially love the monochrome stripe one. Thanks for sharing 😊
    TheIrishBabyFairy recently posted…7 questions women are scared to ask in pregnancyMy Profile

1. Natalie Mudd