Cosy up your home for autumn with Dunelm

dunhelm-mill-throw

I’ve been planning to add some cosy touches to our home now that it (finally) feels like autumn is here. Although I do love summer, I’m a big fan of autumn – it always feels like the start of something new for me (I think I still live by the school year!) and I’m always itching to update my wardrobe, cosy up my home, and embrace the cold months ahead.

Last week I was invited along to the opening of the new Dunelm,  Redditch store. I’m a huge fan of Dunelm, and it’s always one of my go-to stores when planning a bit of a house makeover (like our living room update earlier this year), so of course I jumped at the chance to be one of the store’s first visitors.dunhelm-mill-redditch

This year, Dunelm have got cosy totally wrapped up (excuse the pun!) Here are some of my favourite finds that will instantly make your home feel like a snug and welcoming haven from the cold days and dark nights. So shut the doors, get out your slow cooker and pick up that book you’ve been meaning to read – as you won’t want to leave your house any time soon!

Throws

Throws are big news again this year and there’s more choice than ever. From faux fur to cable knit, Dunelm has a fantastic range to choose from. I love these authentic-looking faux fur throws, which will instantly transform your living room into a chic country-style retreat.

img_435687

dunhelm-mill-throw

Lanterns

Lanterns are a must to create that cosy, ‘in-for-the-night’ feeling. They’re also a great accessory for any room in the house (or the garden) and I love how unique they all are. I’ve started quite a collection now in our house and I’m lighting them every night now that the nights are starting to draw in (once we’ve put Taylor to bed!) I already have a few from Dunelm in the lounge, but I don’t think you can ever have too many.Pink accessories in living room

lanterns-at-dunhelm-mill

Cushions

No sofa or bed is complete in the autumn/winter without ample cushions to snuggle up to. Or you can simply upstyle your cushions with new cushion covers for an instant, low-cost room update. If it’s an autumnal vibe that you’re after, woodland animal collections or tartan patterns are right on point.

Rugs

If, like us, you have hard flooring throughout the majority of your living space, rugs are a great way of cosying up your house for the winter. They can also have a big impact on a room and can add a focal point to a large floor space.  The choices are endless at Dunelm – from traditional patterns to abstract designs, sheepskin, wool, shaggy, textured…you’ll be spoilt for choice.

rugs-at-dunhelm-mill

New season duvet covers

The bedroom is a haven to retreat to after a long day – so you deserve for it to be ultra cosy. As well as adding cushions and a throw, you could also choose a new duvet cover for an instant autumn/winter update. Tartan patterns in traditional colours are everywhere right now and will add a timeless, classic feel to any bedroom.

Are you planning an update of your home this autumn? Where’s your go-to shop for home interiors?

And if you live nearby…

Lucky you! If it wasn’t for the fact that I had Taylor with me (trying to get out of her buggy!) I could’ve honestly spent the whole day in the new Dunelm, Redditch store. It’s such a lovely store and even has a cafe, if you do have a bit more time and no toddler in tow. The staff also did a great job of the opening and they were super helpful and friendly. I can see me spending quite a bit of time here!

dunhelm mill, redditch cafeimg_4365opening-dunhelm-mill-redditchMust-have accessories for creating a cosy home in the autumn and winter months

Disclosure: Post written in collaboration with Dunelm

1. Donna
    October 11, 2016 at 10:40 pm

I absolutely love Dunelm – it’s by far my favourite homeware shop and somewhere I love to go for a potter and a cup of tea. We’re getting an extension done before Christmas and I’ll be heading to Dunelm for all the accessories! x

2. James Hopes
    October 16, 2016 at 7:53 am

Dunelm is one of our go to places for a jacket potato for lunch with the little one!! Loads of good stuff to look round top. Glad you had fun! #KCACOLS

3. Emma
    October 16, 2016 at 9:39 am

Oh I used to love Dunelm when I lived in the UK. I wonder if they deliver to Jersey, Channel Islands? #KCACOLS

4. Flying Solo
    October 16, 2016 at 5:10 pm

We only have a small Dunelm, so I have to be honest it isnt my first place to go! Although I do like their roller blinds for my rental properties. They seem to have improved their range so I will take a look #KCACOLS
    Flying Solo recently posted…Solving The Storage Problems In My New HouseMy Profile

5. The Hippy Christian Mum
    October 17, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Big fan of Dunelm here too. The most recent things we bought were Beg’s bedding and curtains. They’re like a ditsy print in floral and girly pinky colours and everyone who has seen them have piced them out of the room. Particularly enjoy Dunelm’s cushion selection. In fact, I think I may be overdue a trip there 🙂 #KCACOLS

1. Natalie Mudd
      October 21, 2016 at 2:56 pm

I can spend sooo long browsing the cushion section – I’ve been banned from buying any more by the other half!! 🙂

6. OddHogg
    October 17, 2016 at 10:03 pm

I love Dunelm. I didn’t realise they have lanterns in at the moment – I may have to pop in to our local one! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday
    OddHogg recently posted…Should We Rely On Dads To Take More Photos?My Profile

7. Winnettes
    October 18, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Oh I love Dunelm. I’m looking to update our bedroom soon and have my eye on half their store!
    #KCACOLS
    Winnettes recently posted…My Top 5 Pieces of Important Mummy KnowledgeMy Profile

1. Natalie Mudd
      October 21, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Oooh exciting! Good luck with the update!

8. Ali Duke
    October 18, 2016 at 11:11 pm

Those throws look amazing! The dunelm near us has a little cafe. It’s lovely to have a nose around then have a cuppa.
    #KCACOLS

1. Natalie Mudd
      October 21, 2016 at 2:51 pm

Exactly what I’m planning to do on my next visit x

9. Louise
    October 20, 2016 at 8:01 am

I don’t really use Dunelm much as there isn’t one locally and I like to see things in the flesh, but I know my mother in law loves it! #KCACOLS
    Louise recently posted…An Autumnal walk around RHS WisleyMy Profile

10. Talya
    October 20, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Ooooh feeling all cosy just looking at this! Loving the range it’s gorgeous and perfect for Autumn/Winter! Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub lovely x
    Talya recently posted…Pumpkin recipe ideas: 5 things to do with pumpkinMy Profile

11. Annette, 3 Little Buttons
    October 20, 2016 at 8:06 pm

We have a Dunelm nearish to us, and I have to say that I always find it’s like looking in a treasure chest when we visit. I love those throws, I feel cozy just looking at them. #CoolMumClub
    Annette, 3 Little Buttons recently posted…Heinz Tomato Ketchup ‘Grow Your Own’ Winners!My Profile

1. Natalie Mudd
      October 21, 2016 at 2:50 pm

I know what you mean, I could get lost in there for hours – if the toddler allowed it of course! 🙂

12. Jemma@thimbleandtwig
    October 20, 2016 at 9:35 pm

oooh I’m going to check out if my local Dunelm has a coffee shop! Love the cushions #coolmumclub

1. Natalie Mudd
      October 21, 2016 at 2:49 pm

I’ve never seen a Dunelm with one before, but maybe they’re updating them all x

13. Jason @tassiedad
    October 21, 2016 at 7:02 am

Looks like some amazing stuff on sale there. So many interior design ideas! Thanks for sharing #KCACOLS

14. The Speed Bump
    October 21, 2016 at 12:59 pm

I love cosy home decor, my dream home would be all hygge and comfy-cosy! Great post 🙂 #KCACOLS
    The Speed Bump recently posted…Phobias: #Blogtober16My Profile

1. Natalie Mudd
      October 21, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Mine too! 🙂

15. Angela Watling
    October 21, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Oh I really need to get a rug. Thanks for reminding me. Had never thought about looking in Dunelm – there is one near us. Don’t think it has a cafe though 🙁 #CoolMumClub
    Angela Watling recently posted…Our emergency visit to the Emergency DepartmentMy Profile

1. Natalie Mudd
      October 21, 2016 at 2:47 pm

I haven’t tried out the cafe yet, but I fully intend to soon! You should definitely check out their rugs – they have a great selection 🙂

16. Madeline (This Glorious Life)
    October 21, 2016 at 9:04 pm

I could spend all day there, I love browsing home bits! Love all the cosy looking throws especially. x #KCACOLS
    Madeline (This Glorious Life) recently posted…Maxi-Cosi RodiFix Airprotect car seat reviewMy Profile