Got your new winter coat and boots yet?

camel-winter-coat-from-topshop

Don’t you think there’s just something so satisfying about autumn/winter style? Not only does it mean that we can stop shaving our legs (just me?), but I also love how a couple of new key pieces can bring us right on trend for the next six months.

Every year I love buying my new ‘winter coat’ and, if I’m lucky, a new pair of ‘winter boots’. Since my birthday happens to be in September it’s always been the perfect time of year for me to have a bit of a splurge and treat myself to some new additions – especially this year since I’m trying to have a bit more ‘me time’ of late.winter coat and boots

I’ve opted for classic staples this year, which I can team with most things in my wardrobe and which I know I’ll get full use out of over the months to come…

Camel coat

My first a/w purchase was this camel coat from Topshop which I’m loving so far. I love its simple clean lines and blazer style fastening, which makes it the perfect coat to wear with both jeans or a dress/skirt. It’s also smart enough to wear on a night out or to the office. I’ve only had it one month and I’ve already had so much use out of it. Camel coats are big again this year and there’s a great range to choose from. Either invest in an expensive one that will last you for years to come, or go with this one – at £59, you can always buy a new one again next year!camel-winter-coat-from-topshop

Brogue Chelsea boots

From the minute I saw these I knew that I had to have them! Apparently they were hugely popular last a/w, so Dune have introduced them to the collection again this year. They are super comfy and practical (alright mum), but also totally on-trend – I love pairing them with a shirt-dress and opaque black tights for an effortless chic look (or so I like to think!)

What do you think? Have you invested in any new staples for your a/w wardrobe yet? Do you always treat yourself to a new winter coat and winter boots?

You Baby Me Mummy

Shop the Post

1. shaney (imummyblog)
    October 21, 2016 at 11:58 am

SNAP! just got my chelsea boots (yours are lovely by the way) and been browsing camel coats. I do love fashion this time of year! thanks for sharing #thelist
    shaney (imummyblog) recently posted…5 simple steps for beautiful curls, plus WIN a BOUCLÈME curl cream and curl defining gel!My Profile

1. Natalie Mudd
      October 21, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Haha, great minds! You can’t really go wrong with these two can you?!

2. Laura - dear bear and beany
    October 21, 2016 at 7:26 pm

I brought you fab winter boots a couple of weeks ago and only today I was shopping for my winter coat. I couldn’t choose, so going to pop back tomorrow for one final try on! Love those boots. Can I get away with having 2 pairs??? X #TheList

3. Madeline (This Glorious Life)
    October 22, 2016 at 7:53 am

I was just thinking the other day that I need to retire my little plimsol-type shoes for the year and find some new winter boots! And I would love a coat that feels a bit smarter than the one I have at the moment. Maybe it’s time to treat myself! x #TheList
    Madeline (This Glorious Life) recently posted…Maxi-Cosi RodiFix Airprotect car seat reviewMy Profile

4. Coombe Mill
    October 23, 2016 at 12:47 am

Love both, the colour of the coat is fab and the boots are very cute for skirts or trousers. #KCACOLS
    Coombe Mill recently posted…Autumn colours on the farmMy Profile

5. The Mum Reviews
    October 23, 2016 at 9:54 am

I really love the boots! I’m trying to restrain myself as last year’s boots are still comfy and fashionable enough. I really want a new coat but I’m losing weight at the moment so trying to wait until I can get one in a smaller size. I do love autumnal fashion. #kcacols
    The Mum Reviews recently posted…What is up with Bonfire Night? A guide for foreignersMy Profile

1. Natalie Mudd
      October 25, 2016 at 4:31 pm

I do love how autumn/winter fashion seems to be the same every year – so at least those staples can come out each year. I’m so bad for always wanting a refresh though! x

6. The Tale of Mummyhood
    October 23, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Love those boots! I need to invest!

#KCACOLS

7. Ali Duke
    October 23, 2016 at 7:21 pm

The boots are always on the A/W style list! My winter coat from last year is going to have to do for this year too.
    #KCACOLS
    Ali Duke recently posted…More Time To OurselvesMy Profile

8. Louise
    October 23, 2016 at 9:56 pm

I love the coat and boots! I recently bought a new coat and pair of boots, my coat is a practical Joules raincoat though as I decided I needed a good ‘mum’ coat for those rainy days #KCACOLS
    Louise recently posted…Visiting the pumpkins at Garsons PYOMy Profile

9. Katy (What Katy Said)
    October 24, 2016 at 10:17 pm

That coat is lovely! I really must have a proper look in Topshop to see what else they have x

10. Pen
    October 25, 2016 at 8:38 am

I love your style. I went for a pair of ugg boots with a furry rim this year. I am really pleased with them. I think I will just wear last year’s coat though. The boots cost £170 and although I think they’ll last at least four years I don’t think I can justify a new coat as well. Pen x #KCACOLS

1. Natalie Mudd
      October 25, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Ugg boots are always a worthwhile investment – soooo comfy! x

11. Emma Plus Three
    October 26, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Ooh I love them! Especially the coat, it’s gorgeous! x #KCACOLS
    Emma Plus Three recently posted…Organic Christmas Gifts from Green People | Review & GiveawayMy Profile

12. Rainbows are too beautiful
    October 28, 2016 at 9:25 am

Love the zips on the coat #kcacols