Family time, a holiday in Dubai and a blog break

It’s been almost three weeks since I published my last post on here and what a great three weeks it’s been. I’m now sat back at my desk whilst trying to cuddle the radiator and thinking about setting some (belated) New Year’s resolutions.

Following Taylor’s second birthday party the week before, we had a lovely relaxing Christmas spent at my parents’. My sister’s family (who live in Dubai) usually come back, but they stayed at home this year so it was just the five of us. As usual my parents pulled out all of the stops to make it special and we ate and drank ourselves into oblivion. I know that I’m 32, but I still love going ‘home’ to my parents’ and being a daughter again too, rather than always the mum!

family

On the 27th December we boarded aΒ plane at Birmingham airport and jetted off to sunny Dubai. I don’t mean to gloat (okay, perhaps a little!), but we really did have a fantastic time. Taylor was in her element with her big cousin to play with and we had some amazing days out at Legoland Dubai, Yas Waterworld in Abu Dhabi and a barbecue in the dessert on New Year’s Eve. We also spent four nights at the Fairmont Hotel in Abu Dhabi, which is about an hour’s taxi ride from Dubai. The hotel and beach were fabulous and it was so nice to be able to spend some quality time together as a family. I’m going to miss them all so much again now that we’re back home!

Taylor seemed to come on leaps and bounds with her communication and for the first time ever, I think I might actually be the favourite. I’ve had more than enough cuddles and kisses these past two weeks to make up for the lack of them over the past two years!

I seem to have also taken a not completely intentional blog break over this period. And I don’t just mean from writing posts – aside from a few holiday snaps on Instagram, I haven’t looked at my social media accounts once. I didn’t schedule any posts (more because I just ran out of time!) and I wasn’t even tempted to check my visitor stats. It’s the first time I’ve disconnected totally in the two years since I started blogging and, if I’m honest, it felt amazing! I’m now back and raring to go though and I’m excited about what 2017 will bring.

Happy New Year all x

1. Amina
    January 12, 2017 at 8:44 pm

Sounds like you had an amazing time! Have to say I am a little jealous. Went on holiday to Cyprus last year with the kids and it was one of the best holidays I have been on. Definitely need another!

Amina xx http://Www.AliandHEr.com #coolmumclub

1. Natalie Mudd
      January 15, 2017 at 8:40 pm

They fly by so fast don’t they? I feel ready for another already! lol

2. MMT
    January 12, 2017 at 9:25 pm

I’m so pleased you and Taylor have bonded a little over the break…Situations here went from bad to worse in the favouritism department having Daddy around for 2 weeks lol! I was pretty worried about how she’d cope when he went back to work but it’s actually been a total turnaround and she’s been gorgeous with me again. yay!
    Welcome back hun, looks like the holiday of a lifetime. v jel!
    Thanks for linking to #coolmumclub
    MMT recently posted…#coolmumclub Linky week 52My Profile

1. Natalie Mudd
      January 15, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Normally when she’s around Dad for any period of time she gets worse with me but I think tthe novelty wore off! Lol. Dad’s the favourite again now he’s back at work but she’s still being so much more loving towards me – fingers crossed it lasts! Glad to hear you’re back in favour again! xx

3. Tara
    January 16, 2017 at 9:56 am

Oooh it looks fabulous, I really am jealous! Glad you enjoyed your break though. I think it’s nice to step away sometimes.
    Tara recently posted…Review: Kidloland App.My Profile

1. Natalie Mudd
      January 19, 2017 at 9:02 pm

It can definitely help you to regain perspective every once in a while x

4. Yvonne
    January 18, 2017 at 10:25 pm

I think a rest can really help to reset batteries ! sounds like you had a well deserved break and it is nice to be able to switch off completely xx #coolmumclub
    Yvonne recently posted…New WordPress.com for Lightroom Makes Publishing Your Photos EasyMy Profile

1. Natalie Mudd
      January 19, 2017 at 9:00 pm

It was lovely, seems so long ago already though! xx