The other day I was pretty excited to hear Dr Dre, ‘The Next Episode’ come out of my car stereo. One of the songs from the soundtrack of my youth…I of course turned the volume up and started jigging and rapping along to it…
I admit that I completely forgot I had the kids in the back of the car until my two year old daughter yelled, “MUMMY! TOO LOUD!” She gave me a stern look in the rear view mirror that made me feel like a silly teenager. Or an embarrassing mother. And it got me thinking about all of those times I feel way too immature to be a parent.
12 times I feel too immature to be a mother
1) I get irrationally irritated when my toddler doesn’t colour within the lines
2) And when she destroys my sandcastles
3) I frequently lol at Daddy Pig
4) Whenever my child has a bag of Pom Bears or Haribo, I have to have one too…
5) Or sometimes I just hide in the kitchen and scoff them all to myself
6) I choose clothes for my children based on how easy they will (or won’t) crease. If it requires ironing, forget it
7) Toy purchases are often based upon how much enjoyment I’ll get out of playing with them
8) It annoys me when my daughter wants to hang out in the ball pit and not come down the slides with me at soft play
9) I secretly miss clubbing. And the excuse for a 3am kebab
10) On occasion (often) I forget the rain cover for the buggy and have to resort to a muslin cloth to shield my child from a downpour
11) I’m still always running late
12) Sometimes I completely forget I have young children and start planning a night out/ a daytime session/ a holiday to Ibiza…
Please tell me it’s not just me??